Sunday, November 29, 2009

GUEST by Tagore

...Tarapada was as wary of ties as a young fawn...Despite these connections with various groups, his nature had not been corrupted by any. He was, deep down, entirely detached and free. The foul language he had heard, the dreadful sights he had seen, had not fixed themselves in his mind. They passed by. He remained unbound by any kind of habit or custom. He swam in the murky waters of the world with pure white wings like a swan. However many times his curiosity made him dive in, his wings could not be soaked or soiled...
I feel touched by these lines. During my college days, my best friend one day remarked,"You seem to be moving far away from me...now that you have found the man of your choice". Oh ! how could she even think about it ? Yes I did tell her everything about our relationship but she held a 'different', special place in my heart. I feel crazy at times. I feel attracted to certain human traits which I happen to find in different individuals. Now if I could have my way, I would befriend those, may be explore till I got dismayed perhaps ? But anyway I would gather a 'rich' experience. Why is it this way ? It is 'right' for you to be 'steady' with one relationship. But you can definetely build more bridges as you go steady. Its a world made beautiful by 'People'. And if I can explore 'Nature', befriend her, I can do that with the Human race as well. Auf wiedersehen

4 comments:

  1. Well said Fraulein...am in sync with the idea of special places in the heart for special people who meet us and bond in different windows of time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor,
    Welcome to writing and sharing in this wired world. Hope u do be firned many souls on ur hourney

    ReplyDelete