Monday, December 21, 2009

The Human touch

I was travelling within the city in an auto, as usual with my i-pod on. I loved the time it took to travel from one part of the city to other unlike the grumbling lot who hated traffic. For me it made no difference as I enjoyed 'Sacrifice' and the mighty voice Elton John imparted to the song. It amused me about how Americans and the Brits could pronounce same word differently. 'Aaho....kasa kai' (Hello ! how are you ? in the local dialect Marathi.) Some one shouted and the auto driver put a sudden break. And I took one plug out of my ear to see what was happening. Looking at both the persons and their comraderie cooled me down inspite of the watch telling me I could be late to the office by few minutes.
I liked what I saw, the old guy with the typical Marathi cap on his head and the young driver conversing animatedly. Wondered whether someone in a Limo or a BMW or for that matter a Maruti 800 would role down the window to chat a bit to a familiar face. May be I could do that ! Take the time out to see who was calling and stop for few minutes of friendly banter rather than going the Billu Barber/Shahrukh Khan way.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes i wonder where r we heading? I remember my mom or granny being at ease in the company of strangers and being able to converse.I cant do that. the other day a small girl smiled and came over to me, I started talking but her mothed just pulled her away, can' blame her, times are bad.
    Nowadays with the swine flu scare , a sneeze or cough is enough to isolate you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bhagyashree, have heart. There are more people like us I guess. And you will feel good that you took the time out to talk. After that's what it matters.

    ReplyDelete