Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sorry Ma'm !

I was waiting for local transport called 'the shared rickshaw' today morning. It was getting late and as I waved the rickshaw stopped and I saw two men already seated inside. I hopped in. Soon a guy in his late twenty's climbed in and sat. But before he sat, he turned his head, looked at me and said,'Sorry Ma'm'. To which I said-It's O.K. and wondered how only few guys (in India where the society is still not so open) said those words when they had to share a place to sit with a lady. On the contrary there were many who wouldn't mind rubbing themselves against women or indulging in such activities while travelling in crowded public transpot. I have also encountered guys sitting at a distance lest they should accidentally touch. Well I am quite o.k. with the accidental touches one experiences in any form of public transport but the other kinds put me off. Sometimes you have someone falling on you purposefully.
Anyways analysis apart, I really liked the way the guy said 'Sorry Ma'm'. It sort of spruced me up a bit as I had been introspecting a lot since the day began and was not too happy at that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...its quite a menace and so quite disgusting. Bombay is still fine...boy u should see the desperados up North..its just aint funny

    ReplyDelete