Friday, January 1, 2010

That something...

called 'Pain'. Am not talking about the physical pain, it has to be endured or relieved with man made stuff. The pain that happens to the psyche...hits the core...Victor Frankl says that gives meaning to life. Somehow I strongly want to disagree but that's the truth I have to affirm. I had this notion that life was all about 'Being Happy' all the time or at least most of the time. But 'Pain' teaches many things...the journey from 'not having' to attaining...having finally, and then to feel satisfied. One has to keep his cup empty or near empty if he 'craves' 'something'. And pain does that I guess i.e. makes one's cup empty so that the need gets created once again. The Need, the desire is beautiful. It gives meaning to life...Its not strife that counts but the steps taken during the process, the baby steps is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment